Thursday, October 23, 2008

A Prayer For Every Day

Daily Prayer


Bless the Lord, oh my soul, and all that is within me, bless His holy name. Bless the Lord, oh my soul, and forget not all His benefits.

Father, in obedience to your word, I recall and receive anew today all the benefits Jesus has provided for me: He has forgiven all my sins. He is my healer, and I receive and protect my healing and health today. My life is redeemed from destruction. I am crowned with his loving-kindness and tender mercies. He satisfies my mouth with good things so that my youth is renewed like the eagles'. He executes righteousness and judgment for me against oppression and depression. I'm free! He makes known His ways to me. I am His child and I follow Him. I receive His grace and mercy and obtain it in times of need.

Father, according to Ephesians 1:16-23, you have given me the spirit of wisdom and revelation of Jesus Christ. I thank you that the eyes of my understanding are being enlightened to know the hope of your calling and the riches of the glory of your inheritance in the saints. You are revealing to me the exceeding greatness of your power, according to the working of your mighty power, which raised Christ from the dead and set him at your own right hand.

According to Ephesians 3:14-20, grant me according to the riches of your glory to be strengthened with might by your Spirit in my inner man. That Christ may dwell in my heart by faith that I being rooted and grounded in love may be able to comprehend with all saints what is the breadth and length and depth and height; and to know the love of Christ which passes human knowledge and reasoning, that I might be filled with all the fullness of God. I praise you, Lord that you are able to do exceeding abundantly above all that I ask or think, according to the power that works in me.

According to Colossians 1:9-11, I pray that you fill me with the knowledge of Your will in all wisdom and spiritual understanding; that I might walk worthy of you unto all pleasing, being fruitful in every good work, increasing in the knowledge of you; strengthened with all might according to your glorious power, unto all patience and longsuffering with joyfulness.

Unto you, Lord, be glory in the Church by Christ Jesus throughout all ages, world without end.

In Jesus' Name, Amen!



Awake to Righteousness

"Awake to righteousness, and sin not." (1 Corinthians 15:34)

Father, I confess anew Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior today. Lord, you are the head of my life. I completely yield myself to you. My will is now your will. My plans are now your plans. I praise you and magnify You, Jehovah Tsidkenu, my Righteousness. Thank you for becoming sin for me that I might become the righteousness of God in Christ Jesus.

As a new creation in Christ Jesus, I accept the gift of righteousness and all that gift includes: health, prosperity, peace, joy and life abundant. I put aside every weight and the sin that so easily besets me. I now look unto Jesus, the Author, the Finisher, the Perfecter and Developer of my faith.

According to your Word, I can now reign in this life as a king. The power of sin and death in my life has been overcome. No longer am I ruled by the forces of evil but by the God above all gods. I am more than a conqueror through Him who loves me.

I determine today to walk consciously of my right-standing with You, Lord, and with every step to draw closer and closer to you. Thank you for the gift of righteousness. Because of that gift, I can do all things trough Christ who strengthens me.

In Jesus' Name, Amen!


Prayer and Confession for the Tongue and Thoughts

Father, in the name of Jesus, I enforce my quality decision to take control of my tongue and my thoughts. I renounce, reject and repent of every word I have spoken against you and your operation in my life. I renounce, reject, and repent of every thought I have pondered against you and your operation in my life. I cancel the power of those words and thoughts and dedicate my mouth to speaking your word only and my mind to thinking your thoughts only.

Out of the abundance of the heart, the mouth speaks; so I set myself to fill my heart with your word. Put a watch, oh Lord, over my lips. I set myself to speak and think in line with the word of God. As your child, I confess that I am healed. I am filled with your mighty Holy Spirit. I am the righteousness of God through Jesus Christ. I am victorious in every area of my life, because I speak it and believe it and you have made it so. Father, I thank you that no longer am I double minded by the words of my mouth. I let the word of Christ dwell in me richly in all wisdom. My mind is renovated by the word of God. Everything I do, whether in word or deed, I do in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ, giving thanks to Him. In Jesus' Name, Amen.

I would like to attribute these to the right source, but I can't since I can't remember where I collected them from. They work though. Just adapt them to what you want to pray and offer the Father. Use these a just a guide to get you started.

Bless You!

No comments:

Post a Comment